This option enables the Calsense Command Center Online cloud application to communicate with controllers through a spread spectrum radio network. This network consists of one or more spread spectrum radio hubs with one or more controllers in the field with the CS3-SR option. The hub option, sold separately, manages data flow between the cloud and surrounding controllers. Spread spectrum radios can also be used as a communication path for FLOWSENSE® technology to share a single Internet-connected device, programming information, and flow among multiple controllers.
- Blanket your entire campus with wireless communication so your Calsense controllers can share a single central communication option
- Does not require any trenching or wires
- Does not require FCC licensing
An antenna, purchased separately, is required to use the CS3-SR option for communication. Calsense offers three antennas, each designed to accommodate specific situations.
- The Calsense Stubby Antenna, model SR-STUBBY, is a 3-dBi omnidirectional surface mount antenna designed for all environments and applications. This antenna is included when ordering this option as a kit, model CS3-SR-KIT.
- The Calsense Stick Antenna, model SR-STICK-X, is a fiberglass omnidirectional antenna used to extend the range of a spread spectrum radio and is often recommended for use with spread spectrum hubs and repeaters. This antenna is available in 3- and 6-dBi, represented by X in the part number.
- The Calsense Yagi Antenna, model SR-YAGI-X, is an aluminum directional antenna typically used to extend the communications range of a specific controller location. This antenna is 6- and 9-dBi, represented by X in the part number.
LMR-400-DB or LMR-600-DB antenna cable is required when using a Stick or Yagi antenna.
- Available in standard lengths ranging from 10’ to 50’: models LMR-400-DB-10ft, LMR-400-B-20ft, LMR-400-DB-30ft, LMR-400-DB-40ft and LMR-400-DB-50ft
- Custom length cables are also available:
- Model LMR-400-DB can be used for up to 100-feet. Special order only. Non-cancellable and non-returnable.
- Model LMR-600-DB is available for cable lengths greater than 100-ft. Special order only. Non-cancellable and non-returnable.
Calsense also offers other equipment including a frequency filter and surge protection for spread spectrum radio antennas.
- The Calsense Antenna Cable Surge Protector, model ANT-PROT, helps protect the RF filter, if installed, and the radio equipment from lightning strikes. Note: An ANT-PROT is required when using an SR-STICK antenna and recommended when using an SR-YAGI antenna.
- The Calsense Spread Spectrum Frequency Filter, model SR-FILTER, is a bandpass filter used to help prevent interference from unwanted frequencies by filtering them out. Note: An SR-FILTER is recommended when using an SR-STICK or SR-YAGI antenna.